The Kiddos

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers


Saturday, March 26, 2011

Being Crafty for a MEANIE

First, a couple of pics of Chloe in the bluebonnets in my front yard. I noticed today that there is a large area in my tree ring of smashed flowers. Looks like someone plopped right down in them. I really hope that no one sat there to get a quick pic because that would be just plain rude. Enjoy them as you drive or walk by--with your eyes. Please save the smooshing for the side of the highway!




I kept saying "Chloe LOOK at me and say cheese". She kept saying cheese over and over again then finally said "I can't look at you cause the sun is in my eyes!". OK, fine.



On Friday, instead of cleaning or going grocery shopping, I found this website that gives detailed instructions on how to make lots of cute bows and simple dresses. I spent a couple of hours looking at each item and reading all the steps. Then I decided that I could do this! I headed to Hobby Lobby to pick up a few things. Who knew that picking out ribbon and a few other small things could take 2 hours? Me either!



First on the list, a tutu made from tulle. Super cute, super cheap and super fluffy! Success!


Second on the list, a Tinkerbell bow to match the Tinkerbell dresses I made for Madi and Chloe. I have to say that I believe my bow was a success as well. I have never made a bow before and it really wasn't too hard and I think it turned out just perfect!!

Here is the bow with the smocked Tinkerbell dresses.

I still have a couple of bandana dresses that I am going to attempt. They seem super easy as well.


Okay, now to the meanie part. Yesterday while I was cooking dinner Chloe was in the backyard playing. I noticed her near my bluebonnets. She had picked 2 or 3 (when they were first starting to bloom) before they were fully bloomed and I thought she understood they were to look at, not to pick. I told her from the doorway to get away. I noticed that she had a flower in her hand. I walked out and found this:

lots of little blue petals. :(
Then, closer to the plants I found this:

Two flowers prematurely plucked :(

I was upset. I told her that I was sad that she was ruining my bluebonnets. So what did the little fart do? Instead of crying and apologizing because she had hurt my feelings----she did this:
Stomped right on a flower in full bloom. Sometimes she can truly be a little monster. Oh well, I guess it is only a flower and I guess more will grow, but seriously!!

No comments:

Post a Comment