The Kiddos

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers


Saturday, September 3, 2011

First for Chloe (July events)

Several months in advance my mom asked if she could keep Chloe during her vacation. Because Chloe had never stayed with MeMaw at her house in Waco without me we decided the whole week might not be a good idea. We would meet in College Station (1/2 way) on a Wednesday and Brandon and I would go to Waco on Saturday to pick her up.

I also took the week off. I thought it would be fun to take Chloe to one of those pottery painting places. I let her pick out the piece she wanted to paint. Of course the lady working there pointed out a princess bank and Chloe made up her mind immediately. I tried to persuade her to do something not so detail oriented and something cheaper but she was not having it. So, a princess she painted (mostly by herself).


I explained that we would not be able to take the princess home because they needed to cook her in the oven to make her shiny. It didn't even cross my mind that "cooking her in the oven" might upset Chloe. Well it didn't. She was totally okay with leaving her to get shiny!

When the princess was ready I picked her up. Chloe did not like her. She was now scared of her. The princess is forbidden from being in Chloe's room. She now sits on a shelf in the gameroom collecting dust :/

Back to staying with MeMaw. Wednesday came and off she went to Waco. Wednesday-Friday was so quiet at the White House!! On Wednesday I taped the butlers pantry and the downstairs guest bath (1/2 bath) so that I could put a fresh coat of badly needed paint. I painted from 3 until around 9. :( but it was done! B took off Thursday and Friday so we could knock out a bunch of rooms. We painted all 3 rooms to a Jack-n-Jill bathroom, the room that has the toilet in the master bath (I painted the master bath last year), butlers pantry and the guest 1/2 bath. I wish I wasn't such a perfectionist. It could have been done a lot quicker! It takes me forever just to make sure my tape lines are perfectly straight. The end result is well worth all of the analness. (spell check says that is not the correct way to spell that!)

We decided the new paint color would be very similar to the old paint color. I would describe the builder paint as a mocha color. In the past 5 years this crappy, flat paint became faded and almost chalky looking. So we repainted with Hotel St Francis Fawn (a color in the real Hotel St Francis--wherever that might be). The undertone is a happy color and the finish is eggshell--kid friendly!!

On Saturday we headed to Waco to pick up Chloe. She opened the door to Memaw's and immediately started crying and telling us to go away. Thanks, we love you too! She had so much fun with Memaw and PaPaw she did not want to go back to being with boring ol us! Needless to say, she is looking forward to her next visit to Memaw's!! Not sure if Memaw is up for it though. I think she needed a vacation from her vacation!

No comments:

Post a Comment