The Kiddos

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers


Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Sew Busy

When I was a kid I can remember my mom sewing stuff for me. She sewed Halloween costumes and dresses. I too like to sew and I have been known to call her and ask her random sewing questions. I loved Home Economics in high school. I am very much a beginner sewer but I love it! My brother bought me an embroidery machine for my birthday and I absolutely LOVE it! There is SO much you can do with it. There is definitely a lot of learning involved but thanks to You Tube I have found tutorials on just about everything! Here are the projects I have done.
Not perfect but I learned from my mistake--don't use the measurements online.....duh!
scrap quilt
bib and burp cloth for Baby Isabella
for my friend that loves Charlie Brown and named her son Charlie!
one of my first attempts at sewing--rag quilt with embroidery

bib

bib and burp cloth for Jake!
first attempt at applique

I do all of my sewing during Dani's naps. I use every second! I have been making the bibs and burp cloths for a Mommy Group I am in. I made over $100. Obviously I could not make a living doing it but I have fun so a little money is nice.
getting better at applique--LOVE this!

No comments:

Post a Comment